Ego Priest has a great post on ‘tiered healing’ which can also be thought of as triage for healers. Deciding who to heal when and with which heal is most of the challenge and fun of healing for me: Ego gives a great overview of how to approach this both for 5 mans and then in a raid as the group moves into Karazhan. Worth a read for everyone else too – it explains those moments when you don’t get a heal for instance.
Another guild first was reached in Karazhan with Big Bad Wolf killed in the Opera event, opening up the chance to have a look at Curator now. This was preceded by good kills of Maiden and Moroes.
Patch 2.4 is coming soon. The test patch notes are now available, revealing some of what is on the way (all subject to change of course). Summarised below are the main features at this point:
- Sunwell Isle which includes a new level 70 five man instance and a 25 man raid.
- New daily quests as part of the attack on the Isle of Quel’Danas, to confront Kael’thas and the Legion at the Sunwell.
- Keepers of Time npc in Shattrath providing easy access to the Caverns of Time
- When you repec your talent tree you no longer have to relearn trainable ranks of talent-granted spells
- Mana regen changed so that as intellect rises, more mana is regenerated per spirit point
- Spell haste reduces global cooldown on spells to a 1 second minimum
- Warlock’s Ritual of Summoning can be used to summon players into instances (that they match the level requirements for)
- In battlegrounds, diminishing returns on honour for kills is being removed – honour will now be calculated correctly straightaway.
- Bad news for fans of the Fires of Skettis daily quest: Monstrous Kaliri have learned how to chase players going straight up.